|Category||HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL|
|Packager||The Generic Pharmaceutical Company|
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
(in each 5 mL = 1 tsp)
Purpose Codeine phosphate, USP 10 mg Antitussive Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg Expectorant
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold or inhaled irritants
- your cough to help you sleep
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
- temporarily relieves:
Ask your doctor before use if
- you have a persistent cough, this may be a sign of a serious condition
- you have a persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- you have a cough that is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- you have chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breath
- giving to a child who is taking other drugs
When using this product
- giving a higher dose than recommended by a doctor could result in serious side effects for your child. A special measuring device should be used to give an accurate dose of this product to children under 6 years of age.
- may cause or aggravate constipation
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days, tend to recur or are accompanied by fever and rash or persistent headache. These may be symptoms of a serious condition.
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not exceed 6 doses in 24 hours.
Adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 tsp (10 mL) every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor. Children 6 to under 12 years of age: 1 tsp (5 mL) every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor. Children under 6 years of age: Consult a doctor.
- Other information
Store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).Close
- Question? Comments?
- Inactive ingredients
Cherry flavor, citric acid, methylparaben, potassium citrate, potassium sorbate, propylparaben, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol, sucralose.Close
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 473 mL Bottle Label
G Tussin AC
• Sugar Free • Alcohol Free
• Dye Free • Gluten Free
Each 5 mL (1 teaspoonful) contains:
Codeine phosphate, USP 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg
Caution: For manufacturing, processing,
or repackaging. This is a bulk container;
not intended for household use.
Tamper evident by
foil seal under cap.
Do not use if foil seal
is broken or missing.
The Generic Pharmaceutical Company, Inc.
Leeds, AL 35094
16 fl. oz. (473 mL)
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
G TUSSIN AC
codeine phosphate and guaifenesin liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:57963-103 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CODEINE PHOSPHATE (UNII: GSL05Y1MN6) (CODEINE ANHYDROUS - UNII:UX6OWY2V7J) CODEINE PHOSPHATE 10 mg in 5 mL GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (GUAIFENESIN - UNII:495W7451VQ) GUAIFENESIN 100 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE (UNII: 2968PHW8QP) Methylparaben (UNII: A2I8C7HI9T) Potassium Citrate (UNII: EE90ONI6FF) Potassium Sorbate (UNII: 1VPU26JZZ4) Propylparaben (UNII: Z8IX2SC1OH) Propylene Glycol (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) Water (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Sorbitol (UNII: 506T60A25R) Sucralose (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:57963-103-16 473 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/01/2016 2 NDC:57963-103-04 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 03/01/2017 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH FINAL part341 12/01/2016 Labeler - The Generic Pharmaceutical Company (078787060)